Thursday, July 5, 2007

CIA Scandals Released

"CIA Releases Files on Past Misdeeds"

The CIA has recently released hundreds of pages of documents related to their many scandals and cover-ups over the past few decades since the agency's inception. While the report is said to be shallow it does give us a glimpse into the otherwise relatively unknown shadow-world of our primary inteligence agency. Some of the records released exposed plans and activities that included spying on American's (understated), attempted assasinations on foreign dignitaries, and experimenting on American citizens with drugs and possibly mind control. All of this sounds unwordly I know, but these papers have been released and give some credibility to the many "conspiracies" that have been the subject of "baseless" gossip throughout the years.

The question I would like to raise is that if these reports are true - then what else has been going on? I have attached this clip about MKULTRA - now, I have no viewpoint on whether these experiments have any grounded facts to prove they actually took place, but I do think that it is ironic that there is such a prevelence of these claims documented on the internet (which doesn't count for much), but also on public record. I have heard stories and many of them are very typically the same - so much so that I do not believe people are making the stories up themselves. I will leave you to draw your own conclusions.

No comments: